Ant control is a common pest control problem across the country. While there are many different types of ants that find their way into our homes, including pavement ants, carpenter ants, odorous house ants, thief ants, fire ants, and pharaoh ants, to name just a few but for the most part the strategies for dealing with them are the same. There are several kinds of ants in Ohio. These pests invade buildings, homes, garages, in short, a lot of places looking for food. If you see a bunch of ants somewhere, chances are there are colonies somewhere nearby.
We known what kind of damage they can cause to your home or your property, they contaminate your food and can even cause structural damage by hollowing out wood for their nests. So if you detect ants in your kitchen or other places in your home or office it is best to call us immediately. We will be there to exterminate them professionally and whenever possible in an environmentally friendly manner.
Of course we will first investigate what kind of ants you have in your property, because we need to know what kind of method of control we need. We will also search for their colony, where the queen is. As long as the queen remains on your property you run the risk of a re-infestation.
What you can do:
- 1.Identification: make a (close-up) photo or video of the ants, and sent it to your local university extension service. They can tell you what type of ant your dealing with, where they nest and maybe give you some advice on how to fight them.
- 2.Don’t kill the ants, but get (environmentally friendly) poison and put it in their nests by setting out toxic bait.
- 3.Place the toxic bait stations in places where they are: Along walls, under the sink to create a bigger chance for the ants to take the toxic bait back to their nests. Sometimes you can see more ants when you set out the bait, which is great because more ants take the bait to their nests.
- 4.Get rid of the nests: To fight of an infestation you need to get rid of the nests, by hunting down the nests and spraying them with an insecticide that is for indoor use.
- 5.Look for mounds or ant hills in your yard: When you have identified their mounts on your yard, mow your grass and spray an insecticide that contains bifenthrin as the active ingredient on the entire lawn when the ants are most active( in the late afternoon or early morning). Please note that bifenthrin is high toxicity to aquatic organisms, so you should not use this product near ponds and waterways.
- 6.Reduce the chance of intrusion: This means that you should get rid of stacks of firewood next to your house, prune trees that brush against your roof or your siding, back bushes, and shrubs.
- 7.Get rid of their trails: this can be done by mixing vinegar and water in a spray bottle and spray where you have seen ants, also mop and sweep your floor regularly because ants leave a scented trail that other ants follow.
If this does not help contact us immediately. We use environmentally friendly and natural or organic pest control methods whenever possible. But before all of this we need a plan to create the best approach for getting rid of these pesky critters and keeping them out of your house in the future.
First we visit your property, look for places from where they can enter like cracks in doors, around windows, and in your ceiling. We identify the types of ants we are dealing with, because different species of ants have different behaviors and if we know how they behave we can eliminate the infestation all the way back to the colony.
The professionals that we took on board are trained to get rid of the different types of ants. After inspecting your house, the type of ants, and ant trails we will develop a scenario to get rid of them.
The scenario includes four basic steps:
- We create an exterior barrier that will stop the ants from entering.
- This treatment will spread widely through the ant colony.
- We also treat the ants inside but in the house the usage of pesticide is limited. We don’t use pesticide that is not environmental friendly.
- We don’t use Organophosphates.
This treatments will not only get your home and property free of infestation, it is also designed to keep the ants out for a very long time. If you find ants in your home or where people and animals can be harmed, be sure to call us today. We strive to give the best ant control services in Ohio. We produce successful results to satisfied customers.